The Soviet engineer, Leonid Kulik, consecrated his life to investigating the mysterious explosion of 30 June 1908 which destroyed more than ten million trees.

Kulik was able to be so convincing that the exploration of the site, which had become the one and only goal of his existence, was continued and a photographic campaign was organized in 1939.  The Second World War interrupted it, and Kulik, who had enlisted, fell before Kaluga, in 1942.

Starting from 1946, A. Kazantsev took up the study of the site, this time with much superior means.  Like Kulik, he notices that, at the epicentre of the explosion, the trees situated close by have paradoxically remained upright, losing only their tops and their leaves, while those which were farther away, up to several kilometres, had been ripped up or at least lain on the ground.  So this scholar was the first to formulate this unheard of hypothesis:  the object in question did not disintegrate upon hitting the ground, but had exploded in altitude.  This affirmation of course caused a sensation and immediately had detractors.  Krinov, a reputed scholar, the Secretary of the Committee for Meteorite Studies, declared that the explosion had well and truly happened on the ground, and that if there were no traces of stony concretions, it was because the crater excavated by the meteorite had immediately filled with water.

In 1958, on the initiative of Cyril Florenski, the Director of the Committee, the most important expedition ever undertaken in the Tunguska is mounted.

Over years, a very precise map of the site is drawn up and, inside the devastated zone, the researchers determine the angle at which the trees of this zone had been touched and the exact damage that they had suffered.  What they find is stupefying…  Firstly, they notice that, on the trees which had remained standing, certain little branches protected by the shade of bigger branches had not been burnt.  Exactly like that which had happened at Hiroshima or at Nagasaki…

Cross-section of a larch cut down inside the zone of the Siberian catastrophe. The different texture of the wide rings which formed during the first years after the explosion can be seen.

In 1969, the same expedition is able to determine that the silver birches and the aspens which have grown since the explosion, and which should normally be 7 or 8 metres high, are in fact three times that height.  Those which had remained standing in 1908 saw their genetic structure profoundly modified and have grown by more than four times their circumferences in roughly fifty years, which proves that they had been submitted to a direct radioactive emission.  By analyzing the radioactivity which continues to emit inside the wood’s annual rings, the presence of  artificial radioactive isotypes are able to be detected.

Up until this moment, the school of those on the side of a natural phenomenon was not lacking valid arguments.  This discovery considerably weakens their position and leads to a series of discoveries which confirms the artificial, “intelligent” character of the phenomenon.

For a long time, it had been believed that the light which had been visible over the major part of Europe in 1908 came from clouds of dust of terrestrial origin.  It is now known that no meteorite, however big, could raise such an important cloud of dust and, as well as that, that there is no known agent capable of transporting it from Central Siberia to London in a few hours…  That the phenomenon was artificial also finds justification in the trajectory that the object followed and which was able to be perfectly reconstituted, thanks to the study which had been done on the manner in which the trunks of the trees had been knocked down.

The big meteorite which fell on 24 March 1933 in Morland, Kansas, USA, and which made a 50 metre deep crater. Another, which fell in Arizona, produced an excavation 150 metres deep and two kilometres wide.

Using miniature trees and a charge of dynamite, the Russian scholars reconstituted a great number of times in the laboratory the effects of an explosion comparable to that of 1908.  By transposing the position of the trees obtained in this way onto the actual site, they were able to determine that the energy liberated in 1908 was the equivalent of ten megatonnes and, above all, that it could only have occurred in altitude.  Which was also confirmed by a decisive fact:  the systematic sounding of the marshy ground at the epicentre of the explosion and around it does not permit the discovery of the slightest parcel of meteorite rock.  And for good reason…  By studying the electrical fields registered at the arrival of the object and by grouping all of the testimonies of the inhabitants of the region, the scholars were able to determine that, before “exploding”, “the object” of the Tunguska had changed direction several times in flight.  This singularity and the fact that no observation station throughout the world had registered the passage of a meteorite or a comet permits us to assure that the object which flew over the Central Siberian taiga on 30 June 1908 was a flying apparatus, of extra-terrestrial origin, piloted or teleguided by intelligent creatures.

The nature of the explosion and the traces left by the cosmic ship lead us to believe, as well, that it was propulsed by an anti-matter motor…


To be continued.